Your feet are probably the most abused part of your body. Normal wear and tear, improper footwear and inadequate care can make them look dry, rough and ugly. If you don’t want to empty your wallet over a salon visit, you ought to know, you can achieve salon like pedicured feet at home too.
Here’s a step by step guide to beautiful feet:
- Begin by removing nail paint off your nails till there are no traces left.
- Infuse bath salts into a tub of warm water, add a glass of whole milk to it and soak your feet in it for 15 minutes. Relax with a good book or music while you are at it.
- Remove your feet and gently pat them dry with a towel.
- Next apply a cuticle softening cream to each nail root and leave it on for about 5 minutes. Jojoba butter and olive oil are your natural alternatives to cuticle softeners.
- Gently push back your cuticles and trim your nails. Softened nails are easier to cut.
- Shape your nails with a filer till a desired shape is achieved. Filing should always be done in a single direction to avoid split nails.
- Next, use a pumice stone to scrub away dead skin off your heels. Rub away till the calluses are no more. If the dead skin is too thick, use a scraper.
- Use a nail scrubber along with a little soap to gently scrub the nails, between the toes and balls of the feet.
- Use a walnut shell based scrub to exfoliate the rest of the feet.
- Once you are done scrubbing, wipe your feet with a clean damp rag and follow it up with a good massage cream and pamper your feet with a long soothing massage. This will replenish all the moisture loss because of the foot soak and exfoliation.
- Apply two coats of your favourite polish on your nails and you are done!
Now go have beautiful feet without draining your wallet.
Image Credits: Gubcio/ iStock/ Thinkstock Photos