A long sharp nose makes a woman’s face look more oval and aesthetically appealing. Women with large noses, or small ones do not have to fret though. For those of you who already have ‘that’ kind of nose, great. For those of you who don’t, you can always use makeup to solve the problem.
Here’s how to create an illusion of a smaller nose:
- You want to apply your foundation first and then start contouring it to shape. This will help the contouring set better and appear more natural.
- Next, with a thin brush, apply a thin line of highlighter along the centre of the bridge of your nose. The line should typically start from just below the centre of your brows, and stop at ½ inch from the tip.
Here’s how to create an illusion of a sharper, thinner nose:
- Start by doing the highlighter step mentioned above.
- Then, rub an angular brush over contouring pearls (should be a shade or two darker than your skin tone), and draw lines with it along the sides of your nose starting from the inner corners of the eye towards the end of the nose. Remember, the closer the lines, the thinner your nose will appear. If you have very wide nostrils, it is a wise idea to cover the nostrils with the dark powder too.
- Next, take a powder brush and blend. Continue to blend the foundation, highlighter, and contour powder till it looks seamless and smooth. When blending, use soft, circular, and outward motions.
There you go! Makeup brushes are magic wands. You will agree once you get your contouring game right. Here’s wishing you all the best.