Most of us cannot start our day without a dose of caffeine. Our morning cuppa of coffee helps us pop out of bed and live through the day. With new studies popping up every day about the negative effects of caffeine consumption, some of us could well be on the verge of giving up our beloved beverage.
Well…Here’s good news! Coffee isn’t all that bad for you. Put your scepticism to rest. Coffee offers a host of health benefits if had in moderation.
Here’s how you can justify your coffee consumption:
- Coffee contains beneficial antioxidants such as riboflavin and pantothenic acid. Riboflavin helps break down nutrients in the body and that’s one good reason to wake up and smell the ‘coffee’. Also, one serving of coffee contains 3% RDA of manganese and potassium and 2% RDA of magnesium and niacin making it a health drink.
- A cup of java before a workout helps improve your endurance by reducing common place exercise fatigue. Why have commercially prepared stimulants when your good ol’ coffee can do the same job, cheaper.
- Coffee in the morning can help boost metabolism and therefore increase your body’s fat burning capacity. If you’re looking to trim your waistline, there is no need to sacrifice your cup of joe.
- The antioxidants and flavonoids present in coffee can prevent brain cell damage. This means coffee can delay the onset of Alzheimer’s disease and keep your brain as fit as a fiddle.
- Coffee has been proven to reduce the risk of stroke, depression, cirrhosis of liver, asthma, and even Parkinson’s disease. What’s more! A daily dose of your favourite brew can reduce the risk of liver cancer by a whopping 50 %.
There you go! Have your joe without guilt. Make sure though, that you drink in moderation and run through your habit with a doctor to make sure it’s not harming you more than it is benefitting. Happy sipping!