Apple pies are very common desserts mainly because they are simply scrumptious!
If you love apple pies, you will love adding a little depth and more filling to it to make your mouth water even while making it. Here is an apple pie recipe that uses caramel. You can enjoy it just as it is or you can add a dollop of ice cream to it!
You will need:
- Pie shells: 2
- Apples: 5 (core them and slice them)
- All-purpose flour: ¼ cup
- Brown sugar: ½ cup
- Cinnamon: 1 tbsp. (ground)
- Sea salt: ¼ tsp.
- Caramel: 1 cup
- Ready the oven by preheating it to 375 degrees F. Now ready the pie pan by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Take a large bowl and mix together the apples, brown sugar and 2tbsp. of flour. Mix them well.
- Press the piecrust onto the pan. Add the remaining flour over the crust and now add the apple mixture. Use a large spoon and gently spread it evenly.
- You can now pour the caramel over this.
- Finish off the layering by placing the remaining crust on top. Fold the crust across the edges and seal them by pressing them firmly.
- Take a fork and poke a few holes on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let it cool.
Image Credits: David Legget