Every woman is worried about breast cancer these days, seeing the fast pace at which the incidences are increasing. There is so much attention on this particular disease that people forget the other diseases that are even more likely to kill. In fact, strokes are twice as common and kill twice as many women every single year. This is the reason why along with being aware about breast cancer you must also look to prevent the following diseases:
- Heart disease: This is apparently the most common reason behind deaths among women each year. 1 out of 3 deaths of women are due to heart disease. That sums up to 1 death per minute.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: This disease kills more women than HIV, lung cancer, or breast cancer.
- Alzheimer’s disease: Older women have twice the chance of developing Alzheimer’s disease than breast cancer. Incidences of the disease are higher in women than they are in men.
- Osteoarthritis: This disease is also more common in women. Among women, it kills more women than breast cancer does.
- Endometriosis: This one is much more common than breast cancer and diabetes.
Image Credits: MattZ90/ iStock/ Thinkstock Photos