Your pearly whites help you chew, and your marvellous tongue helps your experience taste. You owe them love, and attention. Improving and maintaining oral health does more good, than you think it does.
Here’s how you will maintain your talk organ:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, and for at least a whole minute. It can’t be emphasised enough. Food that sticks to your teeth, attracts plaque and germs. Who wants to share food with them?
- Make sure your toothpaste contains fluoride. Fluoride hardens the tooth enamel, and reduces the risk of decay and chips.
- Regularly floss your teeth. This removes plaque from between the teeth, preventing infestation of germs. Be gentle while flossing though, to protect your gums against weakening.
- Stay clear of sugary carbonated drinks (especially the black variety). Sugar is acidic and it diminishes your tooth enamel slowly, but steadily, leaving you more prone to yellowing teeth and gingivitis.
- Lastly, pay a visit to your dentist at least once every six months to get a thorough check up done.
Now go. Flash your pearls. You have earned it.
Image Credits: PIKSEL/ iStock/ Thinkstock Photos