He won’t tell you he is ill. He can’t. He will show it to you, though. As the owner, it is up to you to recognize the hints and help your little lump of happiness. Here are a few indicators that your dog is not really doing well.
- Loss of appetite
- Excessive drinking of water or excessive urination
- Difficulty in rising or climbing up the stairs
- Dry and red eyes
- Itchy sores or lumps on the head
- Coughing or labored breathing
- Sudden weight gain or weight loss
If you notice even one of these signs in your pet, he needs your help. Take him to the vet before it is too late.
Image Credits: katoosha/ iStock/ Thinkstock Photos