So, you found an amazing nanny for the kids. Kudos! After the initial excitement, the fear is bound to creep in – do they like her more than you?
Yes, even the thought of another motherly figure is cringing but you shouldn’t let your insecurities get the better of you. Here are some tips:
- Congratulations! Say that to yourself. It is not easy finding a nanny who can connect with kids. You braved all odds and were successful. Kudos.
- Take it like teamwork. She is not there to compete with you. She is on your team. Do not fret. Treat her like your family. It will help all of you.
- Be happy! It is a great feeling to know that your kids are in great hands. Appreciate it.
- Make your presence felt even when you are not around. Call to check in on your kids, leave notes for them, leave a picture with them or a family photo book. They will miss you even more.
- Remember at all times that no one, absolutely no one, can replace you.
Image Credits: Creatas/ Creatas/ Thinkstock Photos