Choosing a babysitter is not an easy job. It is terrifying to say the least. You are trusting this person with your precious little baby and that’s too big a decision to make quickly. Here are questions that you should ask in order to find the right match:
- Experience: Simply asking how many years of experience she has won’t do you any favors. You need to know how much experience she has with babies. The age group she has taken care of is essential.
- Comforting style: How does she discipline a child? How does she comfort a crying baby?
- Pastime: What does she do in her pastime? You will understand a lot about her through her interests
- Flexible hours: Is she flexible? Will she be available at different times?
- Give her a scenario and ask her how she would respond. “If my child is missing her dad, how would you respond?”
You may have to interview a number of babysitters before finding the right one. That’s okay. Do not get frustrated at any point, though. Be patient and careful throughout.