They say a happy marriage requires the husband and wife to live independent lives and spend at least few hours away on activities outside the marriage and home. This keeps the spark alive. But then, there are still many couples who tend to do everything together. They are totally interdependent on each other. That, could be unhealthy because research says it is dysfunctional and usually stems from having had alcoholic or ill parents.
Here are signs your marriage could be interdependent:
- You prefer to wait for him even to go grocery shopping instead of just making a quick run, even if that is waiting for hours. You always want to shop together even if it is at the cost of reaching the store 10 minutes before the closing time.
- You don’t feel the need to carry cash, card, or even keys when he is around. Self-sufficient. What’s that?
- You have a designated driver between the two of you and that person ALWAYS sits at the wheel. C’mon that might risk losing driving skills overtime!
- Your bed probably has only one used side and you do not see a purpose behind having a large King size bed because that’s a lot for the two of you.
- You intend to die at exactly the same time as your spouse because you dread living even seconds without your better half. Call it macabre!
- You have callus in your hands as a result of holding hands for long and often. That’s kind of cute!
There you go! If you find yourself saying a yes to any of the above signs, well…have a life of your own!